Edit:Stocking question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetness8t5

Aquarium Advice Activist
35g, don't have fish in it yet, but was thinking:
rummy-nose (~4)
guppies (3)
harlequin rasbora (3)
neon tetras (~5)
glo-fish (3)
otos (2)
endler livebreeder (3)

Was thinking 1m/2f expect for the neons...
and maybe rams..?

Please advice, suggestions.. but BE NICE!!!!!!
Thanks!

EDIT:
It's really hard to school these fish because on websites,books, and forums.. I always, ALWAYS get a Wide variation on the number. I've seen as little as 2 for the neons... and some people say at the Least 8... would 5 for schooling fish be OK?

Oh and what about rummy-nose? I read they are "social", but what does that mean?

Which ones are going in first?

I would do the neon tetras, otos, and rams last as they are all fairly sensitive.

patryuji said:
Which ones are going in first?

I would do the neon tetras, otos, and rams last as they are all fairly sensitive.

Not sure... but do you think that's good? Or too much?

And what do you mean sensitive? As in do the other fish fish, see how they do and add the neon, otos and rams if the first rounds of fish do well?

I would pick one or two of those fish and up the school size. Those species are happier in groups. You could get your rams and a school of 8 of one of those types. I would avoid the glo fish they might be too active for the rams comfort.

I got a glo (before I knew anything about fish) in my 5g now and I don't want to get rid of it... it's been a trooper. Maybe I could have a small school of something in the 5g as a QT?

Glofish are danios--IME they're better in a bigger group (their spazziness is shared within the group and so leaves others--like my angel--alone). You can mix glofish and "regular" zebra danios since they're just the genetically modified version.

I second Rich in that the tetras (and I think rasboras) are all schooling fish, so a larger group would be happier.

Back
Top Bottom