eel with african cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
I guess the good thing that ha come out of this is we're all together, here for eachother. May sound kinda I dunno silly but we don't eachother other then maybe a face and through the forum but were here to help no matter what. We've established a bond with one and other.

And I say that's pretty good in my book.

We are all literally all across the world, and helpig eachother out like we all know eachother. I agree, pretty dang awesome

Steez, ya! Ich attack is the bomb. All natural and easy. Holly i recommend it

Sorry about the ich holly!! Bad things happen to good people..

Mumma! Cory problems?! Oh no!! I hope you find them! :(

It's good having someone understand when a fish dies. :) everyone I know thinks I'm crazy!

I totally get it.

One of my leopard gecko's hasn't eaten in like two weeks and it's scaring the heck out of me. She isn't losing weight but it's not like her, acting all lethargic too.

I've been giving her warm baths every day and making her lick up chicken baby food mixed with pedialyte. It's been killin me!

steez said:
I totally get it.

One of my leopard gecko's hasn't eaten in like two weeks and it's scaring the heck out of me. She isn't losing weight but it's not like her, acting all lethargic too.

I've been giving her warm baths every day and making her lick up chicken baby food mixed with pedialyte. It's been killin me!

Pure dedication! :D
I hope she's feeling better soon.

Since we're all in here. What do you think of the idea of adding more dither fish? I did a lot of reading and it suggests adding more. I think I'm gonna do it. Giant danios is what I went with. I have 8 now.

steez said:
I totally get it.

Ah same happened here last month. I tried hand feeding, but e wouldnt accept. He became weak and skinnier. I finally got him to eat crickets, and now he stuffs himself every week. Yours will get better! Gl steez

Convict2161 said:
Since we're all in here. What do you think of the idea of adding more dither fish? I did a lot of reading and it suggests adding more. I think I'm gonna do it. Giant danios is what I went with. I have 8 now.

Oh wait so you bought some giant danios? Like, today?

Gboy66 said:
Oh wait so you bought some giant danios? Like, today?

No had them for a few days. Had a death before adding them and after. I read up and some articles suggested adding more to confuse the Africans and spread out the aggression because the GD are so fast.

Did you say those are to confuse the cichlids? Oh just saw your new post. Never mind.

BTW, thanks guys for Ich Attack recommendation. I will look for it. End hijack.

Convict2161 said:
No had them for a few days. Had a death before adding them and after. I read up and some articles suggested adding more to confuse the Africans and spread out the aggression because the GD are so fast.

Are they being picked on at all?

Hholly said:
Did you say those are to confuse the cichlids?

That's what one of the articles said. They are used as "target" fish and for a dollar each mine as well. The article stated that it throws the aggression off in the tank. When on African is honing in on another African here comes a school of 12 GD suppose to throw them off.

Mumma.of.two said:
Are they being picked on at all?

The GD's are fine!!! Doing better then some of my Africans! They stay close together about mid tank and swim around crazy fast!

Hholly said:
Do they seem to be distracting the Africans?

A little. I've read more tonight an it says to try adding more. It's kinda funny cause I can see one of my cichlids seething up to harass another then here comes a school just swimming by. The Cichlid is like what the heck just happened lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Convict2161 said:
The GD's are fine!!! Doing better then some of my Africans! They stay close together about mid tank and swim around crazy fast!

I'd like a vid! They seem crazzy cool and fast

Gboy66 said:
I'd like a vid! They seem crazzy cool and fast

I'll take a nice video tomorrow when I add more. It should be cool!!! There so fast and could careless about the cichlids lol.

Haha that does sound funny!

Dont worry about all of the deaths, it happens and i bet next week something awesome will happen to you, like an african will lay eggs/ give birth.. (not sure which :) )

Fish keeping is such a wierd hobby, sometimes your fish die and you have noooo idea why! They why this hobby upsets me. Look on the bright side, at least the weak fish are gone and your tank is more manly then ever! ;) jk

@holly
The ich attack formula is amazing. Many people reccomended it to me so i bought it after i had just lost 2 fish to the infestation. Used it for 4 days and no more ich! Strongly reccomend!

Pure dedication! :D
I hope she's feeling better soon.

Thanks! Me too!

Ah same happened here last month. I tried hand feeding, but e wouldnt accept. He became weak and skinnier. I finally got him to eat crickets, and now he stuffs himself every week. Yours will get better! Gl steez

That's really good to hear. I'm worried that she has impaction but she is not on a sand substrate. I was thinking she may of ate too many mealworms (switched to superworms cause mealworms chitin can be hard to digest for them).

No prob!

That's what one of the articles said. They are used as "target" fish and for a dollar each mine as well. The article stated that it throws the aggression off in the tank. When on African is honing in on another African here comes a school of 12 GD suppose to throw them off.

I'm thinking about trying some GD's in mine too. We'll see :)

Back
Top Bottom