Eels and Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apollo6626

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I just got two quick questions..

I'm setting up a 75gal. native tank with probably 3 to 4 bluegills, a small Large mouth bass, and a bull head. I will have one or two power heads for current, a Fluval 404, and a Marineland Emperor 400. I also acquired a duel-bright T5 Coralife light and fixture. In my currently set up 55 i have many low light plants and I wanted to do live Plants again. My first question is, what are some good medium-high light plants that blue gills/Bass won't eat?

Second question, anybody have any thoughts on if I add a fire eel? Or would he fail in this set up?

Any advice is helpful!

Personally I wouldn't put the Eel in there. I have a feeling that he may struggle to get food with such quick fish in the tank with him not to mention that Blue Gill and Bass like cooler waters than the Fire Eel.

As for the plants, do you want to stay with a native tank kind of feel? I have always found my CoraLife fixtures to give about medium light a best :(

Back
Top Bottom