Eggs on glass above water level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cntrygirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a batch of eggs on the glass of my aquarium. Strange thing is its almost an inch above water level. I have neon tetras, guppies, mollies, a snail and a gold fish. So who's eggs do you think they are? Since they're not in water are they no good?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of snail? I think mystery snails lay their eggs above the water line.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not sure what kind it is. I only have one and I've had it a few months. Do they still lay if there's only one?

Ok it has to be the snails eggs. The snail has 4 eggs attached to its shell.

Well, hopefully you don't have a snail population explosion depending on the species. Make sure you're not overfeeding your fish to control those snails. If that doesn't work, you might look into getting an assassin snail.

Snails

I used to have a snail Explosion there were at least 60 snails all over my tank. :shocked!:

I have a batch of eggs on the glass of my aquarium. Strange thing is its almost an inch above water level. I have neon tetras, guppies, mollies, a snail and a gold fish. So who's eggs do you think they are? Since they're not in water are they no good?

It's the snail most definitely if it's the common snails from petsmart petco. A Lfs ect. Sold as a mystery snail they can lay eggs a couple months after introducing to the aquarium with no other snail present. If you want them to hatch. Damp them with aquarium water from a clean spray bottle and they should hatch fairly quick.

If it looks like this then it's a "mystery snail"

This is an apple snail. If you look under its shell you will see something that looks like a tube that was split in half. Mystery snails don't have that because the tube is used to let the apple snails use its lung instead of its gill.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

This is an apple snail. If you look under its shell you will see something that looks like a tube that was split in half. Mystery snails don't have that because the tube is used to let the apple snails use its lung instead of its gill.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! I was just pointing it out because the apple snail is usually sold as a mystery snail.

It kinda looks like that but different color. I will take pics of it and post later tonight.

Here a picture of my snail

Attachments

• 1427065729998.jpg
    1427065729998.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom