Eheim 2215

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My filter has always made noise after cleaning along with bubbles coming out of the spray bay. This would subside after a little while and run silently until the next cleaning. For the last month the noise comes and goes all day and night. The surface it is on is level. Has anyone had issues like this?

Yeah, that used to work, I would do that after the filter filled and ran for a few minutes. Now it runs quietly for 15-20 min and then starts with the noise and bubbles and then quiet again. This is 24/7.

Last edited:
Might be drawing air in somewhere, some teflon tape around the main seal gasket might help. If that solves the problem you'll need a new gasket, the tape is only a temporary patch. Also check all the hose fittings and connections.

This should have been included earlier, sorry. I have a 72g heavily planted tank. The media flow in the filter is as follows: on the bottom I have the ceramic noodles, then the blue coarse pad, then the ceramic balls and at the top I use regular filter floss. The white stuff you pull apart and stuff in there. I do not use carbon and the fine filter pads seemed to fall apart quickly. I do a 20-50% pwc weekely and I clean the filter as well, only replacing the filter fiber.
I purchased this filter in May of this year, the top o-ring is in good shape and the intake seal at the bottom is tight.

Might be drawing air in somewhere, some teflon tape around the main seal gasket might help. If that solves the problem you'll need a new gasket, the tape is only a temporary patch. Also check all the hose fittings and connections.

I'll run through the entire line.

Back
Top Bottom