Eheim 2217 and ETH 200w inline heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just setup my 40 breeder last night. I put the ETH 200w on the output of the 2217 and set the temp to 85 (I'm doing a fishless cycle). The filter has been running since last night, but I dont feel any change in temperature yet. I hear the heater clicking on and off, but so far, I havent noticed any difference. How long should it take to start heating the tank? When should I think I have a problem?

Hey I have a 55 g fish tank with a 200w heater. S
When I first set up my tank it took about 8 hrs to fully heat up. What's your room temperature?

Then it should be heating fine what u should do is switch the heater on in the tank and feel if the heater gets warm. If it doesn't ask for another 1 if it does then I can't see quad wrong. Hope I'm helping

Im not sure you know what heater I have. Its a Hydor ETH 200w in line heater. It goes on the output of my canister filter.

Oh ok I looked it up and I see how it works. Can't u just go to the shop and say
Can I swop this for an internal heater or did it come with your filter. If they say no just buy a 200w internal heater they work great.

I dont want all those tubes and sticks in my tank...I dont want to see anything. I bought a in-line heater and a in-line co2 reactor. I have the spray bar for my filter mounted on the black rim so you cant see it and I have the water level over it so you cant hear it. This is off topic though...

I need to know if anyone else has had similar issues with the ETH 200w.

No, I contacted the person I got it from on eBay and he sent me a new one. I put it on the line this morning so I guess I'll know by tomorrow if this one is gonna work

nope, it was working for a bit, now it looks like the temperature is dropping again. I am getting a hold of the ebay store and just asking for my money back. I'll get one from another website.

Hydor ETH external heaters work great on Eheim canisters!

I have a dozen of them and have never had a problem.

They remove one more thing out of the tank and you do not have to worry about electricity or your fish breaking them.

A 200W on a 40 gallon breeder is the exact setup I have except I am using an Eheim 2073 Pro 3 canister.

When the heater activates the little red light on the side should light. You should be able to feel the heat in the water pumping back into the tank.

Either the heater is not working or the water flow back into the tank is so low it cannot heat the water.

Not sure what your problem is but many others have praised ETH heaters here as well....................

Hydor ETH external heaters work great on Eheim canisters!

I have a dozen of them and have never had a problem.

They remove one more thing out of the tank and you do not have to worry about electricity or your fish breaking them.

A 200W on a 40 gallon breeder is the exact setup I have except I am using an Eheim 2073 Pro 3 canister.

When the heater activates the little red light on the side should light. You should be able to feel the heat in the water pumping back into the tank.

Either the heater is not working or the water flow back into the tank is so low it cannot heat the water.

Not sure what your problem is but many others have praised ETH heaters here as well....................

I've gotten two of them from this guy on eBay and both of them havent heated my tank at all. I even tried cutting the flow down to less then half to see if the water was passing through the heater too quickly. Nothing has worked. What are the chances this guy sent me two broken heaters?

The red light doesnt stay on for long at all, and when it is lit, I dont feel any difference in water temperature. He told me I shouldnt feel a difference from the sprayybar and the tank water because the temp difference is so small....IDK what to make of that whole thing.

I have herd nothing but good thing about these heaters, so I decided to order one from foster and smith on line. It will be here Thursday, so hopefully this one works.::fingers crossed::

I got most of mine from Dr Foster&Smith or Big Als when they were on sale.

The red light usually stays on for awhile when the heater triggers as it takes a while to raise the temp of the entire tank.

If the next one fails as well then there is some other underlying problem.

Yeah I dont really know what that problem could be though. I make sure its fully vertical, and I let the filter run for 5 mins before plugging it in (to avoid air bubbles in the tube). The directions say after 24 hours, the tank should be at the desired temperature. I had both of them plugged in for 48 hours, and they weren't even close. Hopefully I have better luck with this one from a legitimate store.

The new heater seems to be working excellent. I also bought a thermometer that sticks to the inside of the tank. It's holding steady at 84 now.

Back
Top Bottom