Electric blue crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mc96928

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two crayfish that are right now separated. When in the same tank. They want to kill each other and i don't know what to do. The larger of the two took both sets of antenna right off the last time. I moved one into the tank for almost 3 weeks by himself(the weaker one). Than saw if they could both be in. I turned around and within two minutes i have the larger on trying to kill the smaller. Is there any way to get them to get along and co exist in the same tank?

Put them in a much bigger tank with lots of caves and what not is your best bet but even then there's no guarantee.

I don't think they will be able to coexist. They are very territorial, and even in a bigger thank, when they find one another they will fight to the death.

more hiding spots in a large aquarium is recommended. provide enough hiding spots so that the two will rarely run into each other. it's a common problem for crayfish wanting to kill each other.

Ill add more hiding places. We'll see if that does it

Why not a tank divider?

That's what I did when I was breeding blue crays

Right now i have a makeshift one. When we first bought them. We knew nothing, thinking we could put them in with our goldfish. They started to go for them and within minutes i needed somewhere to put them. I bought a small little tank. Where they existed just fine together. But the water wasn't good. I than bought a 5 gallon. And when i put them both in. They fought, because it has a bow front. I cant find a real tank divider. Now i'm just using a piece of thick plastic i found.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom