Ember tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some ember tetras that I think are only a few months old, they’re small and the guy I got them from said they’re gonna grow. I had some fry food so I put some in and they went crazy for it! They did go for the tropical flakes but not as much as the fry food, but a lot of it made it to the bottom. Will feeding them fry food be good nutrition for them? I’m also going to grind up some baby shrimp for them and my Betta. Also, How much powder do I put in fro 10 tetras? I added a pinch.

Very little at a time then gauge their reaction. If they act ravenous add a little more next time. Less interested? Cut back a bit.

Fry food can pollute the water quite quickly because it’s very hard to clean up. You’ll want to be checking fm your parameters frequently if you’re feeding powders.

it floats a lot longer than the flakes, so I feel like they’re eating most of it. I’ll have to keep en eye out though. Do people with fry change their water more often?

Generally yes; since fry require both clean water and powdered food.

If you’re water parameters are fine while feeding powered then that’s great; just be aware that a lot might be settling and /or being sucked up in the filter to break down so you’ll need to keep an eye out for any water chemistry issues.

I’d probably get an ammonia alert. It’s not foolproof but I’ve had good results with them

Back
Top Bottom