Erics 10G Shrimp (Well...Kinda) Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All! Finally got my 10g setup with shrimp, a green phantom and a few baby danios. Ill be adding a few more colorful shrimp soon. Currently just planting some dwarf hairgrass and whatever the plant that came with my shrimp is.

Ill be posting updates here on fish but more importantly plants!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453861632.463382.jpg

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Nice start up. Is that a type of Fluval substrate in there?
You may want to consider putting a cylindrical sponge over the filter intake. Shrimp babies will find their way into the filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice start up. Is that a type of Fluval substrate in there?
You may want to consider putting a cylindrical sponge over the filter intake. Shrimp babies will find their way into the filter.

Good call! Any specific one I should get?

Its Aquavitro Aquasolum. I think it may be a Fluval brand? Not sure but I know they only sell it in stores.

The sponges I use were part of a trade but I am pretty sure that Fluval makes them for some of their smaller complete tank+filter setups (name escapes me). I try to rinse it out thoroughly in hot tap water once a week.
My last shrimp tank had crypts in EcoComplete. The new shrimp tank uses a 1/4" of black sand and is pretty much moss only.

Im quite aware a normal sized pleco is too large for this tank. Hes less than 2" at the moment and I plan on raising him and either putting him in my 60 or selling him.

Back
Top Bottom