Escaped Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
My froggy escaped again & also not knowing for how long. but this time one of my cats got him. He is fine doing great actually but he was scratched up on his back and had a little poke on his side. I really wish I knew the time limit he had been out of the water. Anyways I have a few questions. I went and bought a API phos- zorb sack to put in the filter flow. how long should I leave it in there? for some reason I am having a slight cloudy green water, someone told me to get that & black out my tank for a few days. well before I got the phos-zorb I blacked my tank for 4 days maybe 5, I then cleaned the walls & did a big water change, then I went & got the phos-zorb. I had it in there 2 days & took it out. I turned the light on & removed what I had covering the tank & the water is worse. After I send this post I am going to do a water change & put the phos-zorb back in.Those who are not familiar with me

My tank is a 30 gal. tall fresh water I have one acf 3 giant danios,2 tetras, & a snail.
I have prime & have stress coat & stress zyme to add to my new water when needed. My tests are all good except the ni-trAtes are 20ppm but I`m sure the water change will take care of that. Do I need anything else to stop this algae bloom, I cant afford a special light at this time. what caused this bloom? I read that it`s not really dangerous for fish until it gets bad Is it safe for the frog in the same way? If you want to see a picture of the water I will post one just let me know

Snails

Snails are a fix but you should get multiple. Yes, indeed they will reproduce very fast but, after they clean it up you could get an assassin snail and it will do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom