Fake plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha actually none at the moment. My old one die during a power outage. They are great fish though. Here is a picture, I turned my old fake plant tank into a planted tank but actually set this one up today.

image-720180013.jpg

Picture sucks but I think they look pretty good.

That's awesome I actually have the decoration tha is on the right side of the tank lol. It's not in my current tank but my fish loved it. You should try silk plants they are more expensive, unless you make them yourself. But they move with the water current very naturally.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bet silk plants are pretty cool as far as fake ones go. I like how live ones wave in the current.

I use fake plants as well, I think they look fine!! I do want to try a planted tank in the future though!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419992915.596007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think fake plants are horrible. Sure some look kinda cheesy but some are really nice. The kinda fabric one with weights look real and some are hard to tell that they are fake

Both of my tanks are planted though. For a really long time I only had fake too. A lot of it comes down to the amount of money and time you want to invest. I've gone low tech but even that is a decent amount of work.

That said- I am a stay at home mom so it is kinda a nice thing for me to have as a hobby- while the baby naps I can trim plants and mess around with scape.

And for those of you thinking of starting a planted some plants are super easy ... But be warned it is like a huuuuge addiction

And for those of you thinking of starting a planted some plants are super easy ... But be warned it is like a huuuuge addiction

+1. This is my first tank with live plants and it's just a few Anubias and the red Rubin swords...but I just finished ordering 40+ more live plants.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeahhhh I started with a sword and some anubias nana and a few months later I have a ton of love plants and no fake ones left.

The good thing once you get it going is you can always trade with other people and if/when you start new tanks it is super easy to take clippings to start off

Stacey it looks great! I am also 5' 2" with a 55 so I feel your pain! I have silver dollars so live plants aren't really an option for me in that tank. Fake can certainly be done tastefully. The great thing about live plants is what they contribute to the water quality in addition to aesthetic purposes but it's not an option for everyone and there's nothing wrong with that.

I just "planted" a 10g for my daughters' room with some artificial ludwigia and swords. They complement the red chert blocks and green gravel (consider it verrrry artificial carpeting). Neither the girls nor the fish have any complaints.

We had one w a bunch of brown spots all over. I threw it away as I was concerned for fish health.

We use fake plants. For the time being anyway :)

Yes! Once you can prove to yourself that you can grow aquatic plants, there is no going back. To think about it, I spend 90% of my time in the planted section of this forum. I think that other 10% is spent on other random threads. Haha. It is an addiction, but at least it is a science; in essence, it can be a good addiction haha.

Yes! Once you can prove to yourself that you can grow aquatic plants, there is no going back. To think about it, I spend 90% of my time in the planted section of this forum. I think that other 10% is spent on other random threads. Haha. It is an addiction, but at least it is a science; in essence, it can be a good addiction haha.

+1...next step for me might be salt...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1...next step for me might be salt...

I'd love to have a reef tank one day, but they are just way too expensive for me right now. Maybe one day...

I have plastic plants and they look terrible :( they look like they're coming apart

I'd love to have a reef tank one day, but they are just way too expensive for me right now. Maybe one day...

I think that if I can get a really good hifh tech planted tank down, keeping a salt reef in balance shouldn't be as hard. Once I get my own house a reef might come into planning.

Grattu have ever tried silk plants?

I use silk plants in my 120 because I have Silver Dollars who even ate my attempt at Java Fern. I think the fakes look pretty good in spite of it.

pbkuhn123 I think silk plants are awesome. I have so much on my plate one day I will have a planted tank. But I am trying to make my fish happy too. Here's a pic of my tank with silk plants.

Attachments

• 1420171843743.jpg
    1420171843743.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom