Fake plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks amazing! I use silk and plastic too cuz I live a busy life as well. Here is a pic of my 120.

Attachments

• 120 Gallon Silvers.jpg
    120 Gallon Silvers.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 66
Pbkuhn123 that tank is beautiful. I'm still feel that something is missing in my tank though. Added more rocks a couple days ago. Any suggestions.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like the brighter colours of fake plants. Overly green tanks to me look boring. Here's my little spongebob paradise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's my little spongebob paradise

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420216695229.jpg
    1420216695229.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 59
Pbkuhn that tank looks fantastic I love the wood piece in there. I've only had java moss and water lettuce survive my silver dollars

I say do whatever you want as its your tank. There are planted tank snobs who think their way is the only way, and I myself do like the real thing. I have a planted 15 column tank and its nice, but more work. I have a 30 with fake plants for now and I may keep it that way. I think both are great as long as you keep the water clean and like the look of your own tank.

Amen ! The real thing is awesome, but I would like to know that it really is ok to have fake plants and a least make it look real. Put some creative work into it. Also make it functional for your fish.

I say do whatever you want as its your tank. There are planted tank snobs who think their way is the only way, and I myself do like the real thing. I have a planted 15 column tank and its nice, but more work. I have a 30 with fake plants for now and I may keep it that way. I think both are great as long as you keep the water clean and like the look of your own tank.

I agree, sometimes you feel like you're an inadequate aquarist if you have fake plants! You have to do what works for your lifestyle, the fish you love to keep and the look you want. Great response!

Pbkuhn123 that tank is beautiful. I'm still feel that something is missing in my tank though. Added more rocks a couple days ago. Any suggestions.

I think what you have created looks fresh and clean. Sometimes tanks can get too busy as well. Mine has lots going on, but as my fish grow I may have to delete a few things to expand swimming space and go with a cleaner look. LOL.

I have fake plants. I don't have the income to do live plants, I'd love to do a planted tank some day. That probably won't happen until we move and I have more room to start a small planted tank and learn how to do it.

I love the look of fake and of real plants. I'm someone who loves bright funky colors so I love the fake plants like that. Plus my background in the tank is black and it can't be changed so colorful stuff helps brighten it up. Plus my 5 year old helps a lot with tank planning so it's nice to have him pick out what he likes also and not having to worry if it will do well in the tank and whatnot.

That's cool Musicfreak! Making it a family thing. I always wanted a fish tank when I was little, but my mom was a clean freak. So instead they got me gerbil that bit me lol.

I wish I could keep live plants in my 75 discus tank.i keep the water at 86 88 so I have a issue keeping them alive . I am just paranoid about parasites so I keep the water hot discus are thriving . Plus I have a uv sterilizer .talk about paranoid

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wish I could keep live plants in my 75 discus tank.i keep the water at 86 88 so I have a issue keeping them alive . I am just paranoid about parasites so I keep the water hot discus are thriving . Plus I have a uv sterilizer .talk about paranoid

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

There's quite a few plants that can thrive with Discus. The only real problem is trying to master 2 things at once. It's best to concentrate on one or the other first. Temps will play a role in keeping some but not others. The most important thing is not cutting corners with either. Here's a short list from SD about compatible plants. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?30982-Discus-Compatible-Plants

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Thanks dude I will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom