Fastest setup ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:D Sorry Tetrin. I also got the numbers confused. After re-reading the post before submitting I noticed the numbers went top to bottom so I had to rearrange. :D The albino was distinguishable beacuse of the red eyes. Unless you've owned one you probably wouldn't know the difference. When they are stressed they tend to show a slight bluish coloration (not as dark as the Cobalts) but when they are healthy and happy they are a bright white. It was just the red eyes that made me think of the Albino. We have two of them and they are cute little guys.

These ammonia levels are extremley high. Could this be because of the rocks i have in there. They arent actually rocks they are cement. But any way tommorrow i will make a water change and then i will add the fish and get them out of that little 38.

ammonia-6.0
nitrite- 0.2
nitrate-10
ppm total hardness- 300
alkalinity- off the charts
pH-8.6

That Ammonia reading is WAY too high for fish to survive in. The level should not be because of the rocks (cement). There are several people who have cement structures in their tanks. (I knew those rocks looked farmiliar. My parents have them in their landscaping. :D ) If it were me, I would not acclimate the fish into the tank with that high of an ammonia reading. Are you using the strips test kit or a liquid reagent?

6 is way too high for fish to survive. Which liquid reagent test are you using? Are you following the instructions exactly as it says?

i got the fish in the new tank, ammonia level is down. The albino fish has turned pink though, im not sure why. And i havent moved the algae eater because im afraid hell have noithing to eat in the new tank

A hungry fish would be much happier than a fish in a high ammonia environment. If you are truely concerned, put in a piece of vegetable such as cuccumber, zuchinni, carrot, or brocoli stem.

Back
Top Bottom