Favorite Canister and HOB Filters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know about Azoo Mignon 1000 (260 GPH)

I only have small filters, Azoo Mignon 60 and 150, otherwise called Palm filters; 60 and 150 refer to LPH (liters per hour) and output flow is adjustable. I keep the water level high in my tanks high to reduce the waterfall noise and the mfgr suggested water level is even higher!

The Azoo filters are SUPER quiet unless something is wrong. The motor easily removes from the housing and the impeller just pulls right out to clean. The 60 comes with a nice prefilter intake sponge.

I have these setup with BioMax 20 media bags, I removed a few ceramics from the bags to get them to fit in the chamber, and topped off with AQ BioFoam30 blocks cut to size.

I'm planning a 23G tank and am looking at a canister so I can hide it, I like the price of the Marineland C-160 or was looking at the Fluval C2 HOB or the Hagen AQ30 - but I really don't want an HOB on this tank...

Off topic: Does anyone make a drop-in 3 chamber system like reef tanks have built in or it it reasonable to try and make one?
Thanks for posting that picture. I would like to find one like that for my 38 gallon. If the Mignon 1000 (260GPH) would fit my 38 gallon ...... quiet, clear, customizable ...... I'd buy it. I only have 3.75 inches from the back of my aquarium to the wall so I can't use an Aquaclear 70. If it gave great "custom fit media" filtration, the 260GPH would probably provide a better quality of filtration than my 330 GPH set up. Does anyone have one of these .... I can only find them on EBAY. 260 GPH [1000 LPH] is as big as they make them.

Or, does anyone know of an alternative QUIET easily customizable 300 GPH+ HOB filter. My Aqua-Tech 330 GPH keeps my water crystal clear and polished with customized media including Purigen ... but it is difficult to get everything to "fit tight." It is also not terribly quiet.

The Fluval C3 on my 29 gallon has the annoying "impeller rattle" common to Fluval and AquaClears, especially when they are new.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...alc3-are-enough-best-quiet-filter-276431.html

Back
Top Bottom