Favorite Fish to Watch! Pics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wanted to start a thread discussing our favorite fish to watch and why.

Personally, my favorite fish to watch is not a fish. It is my Amano Shrimp! They always seem to be rummaging through the sand and crawl over everything!

Attachments

• image-2736115330.jpg
    image-2736115330.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 195
My African Brown Knife! The one long fin they have is so neat to watch, it's such a cool fish. They always look unhappy because of the shape of their mouths, though. :p

62687-albums9569-picture38415.png

Easy to care for, IME, except feeding. He eats a whole carnivorous diet, won't take flakes or pellets. He's shy, but they get really close to you, letting you touch them eventually, hand-feed (trying to get him that way with me now), the only thing is that they get 8-12 inches, and need a pretty large tank. This cutie is about an inch long, so he's still a baby. Getting him a 125 gallon later this year. :)

I looove watching my African brown knife... It is such a sneaky fish. As soon as I turn the moonlight LEDs on, he sticks his head out of his house, looks both ways, and wades through the kelp. EVERY SINGLE TIME. such a neat fish

Attachments

• image-3276365780.jpg
    image-3276365780.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 158
I love watching my green spotted puffers hover around their tank, exploring everything. Also, they know when I am about to feed them and they will stalk me while they wait for their food to defrost.

not a fish either, but my blue prawn is fun to watch he/she is such a creeper, constantly cruising the bottom searching around or hanging upside down from the driftwood waiting for unsuspecting fish to swim by(at least that's what I think is going on)

Attachments

• image-1864909446.jpg
    image-1864909446.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 159
  • image-3066291761.jpg
    image-3066291761.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 172
My favourites to watch is also my anamos and my panda cories. My 4 anamos and 4 cherries are shedding ATM so I can't get pics.

my dominat male jewel. he is hilarious when he is protecting eggs/fry. he flares at every fish he sees,and watches the whole tank,so he is constantly doing it. youd think he'd get tired...

i dont have any recent pics(and by recent i mean from this year), and he is always behind the java moss taking care of his fry(between the 2 females,its a bigger surprise when there's not any fry)

My favourite to watch has to be my elephant nose, love how he patrols the tank & anything that gets in his way gets shoved out the way. Feeding time is great too, love hand feeding him except when he nips! :D

ForumRunner_20120617_174554.jpg

Got to say... Male Green Severums are my favourite community cichlid to watch, however, an Oscar is the most amazing freshwater aquatic species you can possibly own and the most personable! :)

Bettas!!! They are so cool and I always have a blast watching them. So much personality!;)

I got three aquariums
In my five gallon i have too go with my cherry shrimp
In my thirty gallon my corries or pleco's when i get too see them, actually all my catfish in that aquarium are my favorite.
And in my fifty-five gallon i like all of them because it is my saltwater aquarium.

I love too watch my shrimp, cleaning eating, just funny how busy they can be. My suckermouth is a pleasure to watch aswell.

image-3913659557.jpg

Can't really decide on my favourite to watch but I would probably go with my large angel and my black ghost knife at night time :) sorry the pics where takin while I was taking the sand out that's why it looks dirty in the tank ;)

Attachments

• image-567276555.jpg
    image-567276555.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 79
Either my batfish or lobster. The bat is always swimming and the lobster running along the bottom....... Although he is a satanic cereal killer and has killed 3 fish...... I still like him. Lol

Attachments

• image-1626838230.jpg
    image-1626838230.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-708465268.jpg
    image-708465268.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom