Feeding Cory Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Hewitt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've just picked up 4 Pigmy Cory Catfish for my tank. (I actually only asked for three but when I got home I found there was a tiny extra one hiding in there!)

Although they've only been in the tank a couple of days I'm wondering what the best thing to feed them on is? The guy in the shop said they'd eat algae wafers, but I put one in and they didn't seem interested at all!

I feed mine algae wafers, frozen foods,pellets and flakes. My pygmy's love kens catfish pellets.

i throw a few algae wafers in there from time to time... but they mostly forage all around the substrate sucking up any uneaten food or anything else they find appealing at the time.... they have been living this way for the better part of 7 years... and seem very happy.

the algae wafers i do throw in there.... they check them out by normally wait for them to get quite water logged before even trying to mess with it.

My pandas largely ignore algae wafers. They do like flakes if one happens to fall directly on top of them. Otherwise, they just root around in the sand. They're fat and happy so they must be eating something.

My Corys are spoiled - They get alternating foods consisting of: sinking shrimp pellets, sinking alge wafers, brine shrimp, flakes, and blood worms. The stuff that doesn't sink gets pushed down by the filter and they eat like crazy on all of it. They do wait for the sinking shrimp pellets and the alge wafers to get a bit soft before eating them. They are little piglets and love everything.

i use kensfish catfish pellets. 1/2 pound is like $1.50 and they always seem to eat them up quickly.

They can hide in caves/crevices so don't be surprised if they show back up again. I fed mine shrimp pellets, algae wafers, and frozen foods.

Back
Top Bottom