Feeding fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perfect....
Thank you as well! Sorry I couldn't post right away until after 30 seconds haha. But yes, I will get them into feeding twice a day. Saturdays I'm not home at all, I should be okay to skip feeding them one day out of the week right?

Thank you so much! You've been such a help lately. I really appreciate it. I will take your advice. I'm not home often during the day so it'll be hard to get 3 feedings in. I think I can manage 2 a day, but sometimes they'll have to just have 1. I work a lot.

Thank you as well! Sorry I couldn't post right away until after 30 seconds haha. But yes, I will get them into feeding twice a day. Saturdays I'm not home at all, I should be okay to skip feeding them one day out of the week right?

Glad to help. ;) (y) For what it's worth, if you are feeding a pellet or flake food, there are automatic timers available that are not all that expensive which can be another option for you all. Again, just separate out the amount of food you want to have fed into the sections and then go about your day. :D

And, Yes, a healthy fish CAN go a day or 2 without being fed however, an unhealthy fish will struggle at those times and may become victim of a healthier fish in the tank. :eek: There have been many instances where fish get get along fine until the food disappears then so do some of the other fish. :blink::whistle:

Glad to help. ;) (y) For what it's worth, if you are feeding a pellet or flake food, there are automatic timers available that are not all that expensive which can be another option for you all. Again, just separate out the amount of food you want to have fed into the sections and then go about your day. :D

And, Yes, a healthy fish CAN go a day or 2 without being fed however, an unhealthy fish will struggle at those times and may become victim of a healthier fish in the tank. :eek: There have been many instances where fish get get along fine until the food disappears then so do some of the other fish. :blink::whistle:
Yeah I was thinking about investing in that but I gotta see if I can fit it in my hood. And yeah, well I was feeding them every other day so far and they're okay. So I think one day should be fine. Also, I think they should be healthy. My parameters are in check now. But I just stocked 4 platys yesterday, so I'm keeping a close eye on my parameters.

Yes those automatic feeders came a long waaayy since first coming out...great idea...my friend has many accounts at waiting rooms...doctors..dentist..office building...etc..and she just fills them up on her monthly maintenance...they have those slow release large pellet form that sits on the bottom...but one day of not feeding them..you will be fine...iam glad we helped you out.....

One of the best pieces of advice I can give is as a rule of thumb, their stomaches are as big as their eye. So keep that in mind when you feed them. If it is a planted aquarium, once a day is fine because the fish can nibble on any algae, leaves, or stuff on the bottom of the tank. Always better to underfeed and overfeed, no matter how innocent they look at your thought the glass. The only fish I do not feed everyday is my pleco and I feed him 1/4 algae round every other day along with his driftwood that is already in there.

I've left fish without food for 7 days without issue. Multiple times.

I've fed them every 2-5 days on a regular basis and didn't have issues with nutrition or disease. I fed like this for an entire year.

Yes you're okay to skip one day.

Back
Top Bottom