Feeding Frozen Food Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thaw mine in tank water and use an eye dropper to feed so I can observe and control how much goes into the tank. Works great for me.

I keep my brine shrimp eggs in the freezer and have an amazing hatching rate.

For the frozen food, you do not want to feed them frozen. They break apart and loose a lot of the nutrients in them. Also the cold isn't good for them. And a lot of fluid will come off which your fish cant eat, so it only pollutes your water. You could set the eggs onto a coffee filter and that way all the fluid will drip out. And you just take the coffee filter and tap them into the tank.

ok I know frozen brine shrimp dont maintain their nutrients so what should I feed my badiss? Must be frozen no live food. So would frozen bloodworms be nutritious enough? They will be eating shrimplets soon to probably.

Fishnova said:
I have read feeding fish frozen food will bring down their body temperature too fast and will kill them...):

I feed mine "cubes" of frozen food regularly. Brine shrimp, bloodworms, etc... They thaw quickly in the aquarium. My fish (mollies, Corys, plecos) tear chunks off the cube. They're all alive and healthy!

GodFan said:
I didnt read the box.... (wheres that facepalm guy at? lol) the guy at the LFS said just drop them in water to thaw then add them to the fish tank!

I did that once with bloodworms in a five gallon with two goldfish, one huge water change, clean filter, and over stuffed fish I finally got them all. That's what I get for listening to a friend lol. I believe that your fish will eat most of them. If not maybe you could do a pwc to get the rest of them.

I did that once with bloodworms in a five gallon with two goldfish, one huge water change, clean filter, and over stuffed fish I finally got them all. That's what I get for listening to a friend lol. I believe that your fish will eat most of them. If not maybe you could do a pwc to get the rest of them.
I am buying different food. I dont even see how that is reasonable with the fish in that tank. However in my fry tank....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom