Feeding peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettagirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm giving my guys some frozen peas tonight...cooking them now. Do I need to peel them and if so, how does one peel peas?

Make sure you crush them between your fingers :)

Don't flatten them, but just enough to sort of 'break them open'

If peas are a smash hit, also try zuccini! Just take ALL the seeds out before you feed :)

Thanks SixFootDaisy! I ended up figuring out the squeeze method when I tested one with a fork for doneness, out it popped! My husband thought it the most ridiculous thing he's ever seen...peeling peas for fish. lol But, then, he doesn't think highly of my fish hobby.

The peas sunk rather quickly, and the fish weren't sure what to think...most hid. :? The bala shark absolutely loved them, which was ok, but I was hoping to see the gourami's eating some as they're the bloated ones. All the peas on the bottom are gone this am, so hoping the shark didn't eat them all!

I'll give the zuchini a try... :)

I've been out of the FW loop for a while, mind if I ask what the peas and zuchini are for? Just a food suppliment or are they treating something?

Peas and Zuccini can help get rid of stomach bloat, swim bladder :)

It is also nutritionous, Gouramis are also 'vegetarians' so they love them. At least mine do. But they prefer zuccini more!

Back
Top Bottom