Feeding troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicolej

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I often have feeding troubles with certain fish who are picky eaters because I am allergic to bloodworms. I have been successful with glassworms as a substitute, usually once the picky fish actually recognizes it as a food source it generally really likes them... but I just got 4 new fish and none of them will eat flakes or the glassworms. I think part of the issue is they are all small mouth fish, as I notice they will sometimes eat tiny particles of the glassworms and not spit them back out, but they will grab larger bits and just spit them back out right away and stop going after the food. 3 of the fish are Threadfin Rainbows.. which I have read can be picky eaters because of the small mouths, and the other is a little lampeye killi who is just small at the moment, but does seem to take the odd food particle and keep it.

So I'm at a loss.. not really sure where to turn for a food source for these guys. I've had them about 2 weeks, so they must be eating enough to sustain themselves... but am worried about long term if they really aren't eating much.

Any suggestions on other options?

Back
Top Bottom