Feel silly asking....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww that sucks, I wonder if you can get an adapter for it or something.

The 50% change should of taken care of that slight ammonia/nitrite you had for today :)

Remember to feed lightly, once every other day is plenty.

Yeah man it sucks. Gonna see if I can find an adapter or something to it working. Not gonna give up yet. And I'll remember every other day lightly. Treated it with Prime do I need to add stress coat as well? Also used Primes water conditioner.

I would only use one chemical on your tank. Seachem Prime is a great water conditioner and that's all you need. Toxin free water from a tank being cycled and maintained is also much more effective than medicines

Ok will do. So for right now. I'm gonna stay away from everything except for Prime. Someone had said to me "make sure you put stress coat in at each water change or else" so I wasn't sure. But thanks again.

Id check home depot for some kind of adapter?
Your sink has threads on it right?
I thought it wouldnt work on mine but i had to unscrew the end off and take off the end with a little filter thing and a rubber ring to reveal the threads

Yeah man it sucks. Gonna see if I can find an adapter or something to it working. Not gonna give up yet. And I'll remember every other day lightly. Treated it with Prime do I need to add stress coat as well? Also used Primes water conditioner.

Which one did you buy Convict? I know the aqueon one comes with 2 different fittings(one for outdoor hose & one for standard indoor sinks)

NyteGTI said:
Which one did you buy Convict? I know the aqueon one comes with 2 different fittings(one for outdoor hose & one for standard indoor sinks)

The aqueon one. And I called Delta they told me that the screen doesn't come off that there is a tiny screen located in the hose part that acts as the screen. But after taking that apart there still is a white plastic piece that prevents me from being able to thread the adapter on.

tarpon said:
Id check home depot for some kind of adapter?
Your sink has threads on it right?
I thought it wouldnt work on mine but i had to unscrew the end off and take off the end with a little filter thing and a rubber ring to reveal the threads

Checked homedepot they were useless and I was there for over an hour trying different things. I'm just wait for my buddy who's a plumber to come by tomorrow. He said he'll hook something up. Said he had it at his house(didn't know he was into fish) so I guess we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
No too far from anything only other option would be to stick out the window to the garden hose but that's a story down. I have a garage underneath me.

I extended mine for very cheap. I just got more of the same size clear hosing and some couplers at home depot.

Thanks everyone for all the input I will discuss all options with my buddy tomorrow and find a happy medium. Gotta keep the wife happy the fish happy and me! LoL.

Plumber got me hooked up to the bathroom sink with a few adapters. Wife didn't like the kitchen sink idea AT ALL, so I have to keep her happy. Anyway it works fine now and water changes will never be the same! Almost wanna do one just to do one now! :)

Plumber got me hooked up to the bathroom sink with a few adapters. Wife didn't like the kitchen sink idea AT ALL, so I have to keep her happy. Anyway it works fine now and water changes will never be the same! Almost wanna do one just to do one now! :)

i'm doing daily changes because I can & im in cycle as you know from your other thread. the changer is the ONLY reason im still happy with my tank. If I had to carry buckets everyday I'd go nuts! enjoy it(y)

I actually drain mine outside.... In summer it's great for my plants and garden!! Winter.... Just habit! And I don't have to use any extra water :) I just drain all 4 then hook up inside and fill.... I love mine :)

Back
Top Bottom