Feeling guilty about the Nano......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well after watching the 2 seahorses swim around in the new Nano tank I got to feeling guilty. 12 Gallons are just not enough. So today I went and bought them a 26 gallon bowfront. Got it set in place tonight, and will start with the water and stuff tommorrow. I am due for the weekly water change in my big tank so I will use that water to cycle the bowfront. Hopefully it will be ready to go in a week or two.

It's a shame, I only had the Nano for a week and I am already to give it up. So I may have a brand new Nano for sale real soon and real cheap. I gave $190.00 for it and will probably let it go somwhere around $125.00.

I thought about just keeping it running with nothing in it and use it for a QT, or maybe even some corals. I am undecided at this point, but my wife is now happier that the horses are going into something bigger.

She has them both eating from her hand already. She feeds them 3 times a day by hand so that each one gets enough food. She is constantly checking the water..(everyday)....I already had to buy more test chemicals...LOL I am afraid she is getting into this much deeper than I am. She was always telling me NO to buying something new for the tank. That is all changed now, I have to stop her now.... :)

Anyway I will post a picture tomorrow of the new tank before I start filling it up.

Mike

Sparky said:
She was always telling me NO to buying something new for the tank. That is all changed now, I have to stop her now....
That sounds like me and my husband too. He's big into home theater and now that I've gotten into it, I want to buy more toys than he does :lol:

Anyway, seahorses are really neat. I just saw some at the Indianapolis Zoo -- big ones, and little, teeny tiny ones. Keep us posted on how they are doing. It sounds like your wife is taking really good care of them! Maybe you could get a pic of them eating out of her hand!

you payed $190 for the cube. damn. i know my lfs sells them for $136. but i would say keep it and grow some corals. or have a tank at work.

Here is a pic of the new Bowfront I bought for the seahorses. It's a 26 gallon and I got the water into it tonight. When it is setup and ready I will take a picture and put it up. I have moved it since this picture. It is no longer next to the big tank.

Also I got a pic here of my wife feeding the bigger seahorse. They are so fast that when I snapped the picture he had already got the food from her hand. Just left a little piece dangling there.

That's a great picture! Your seahorse is big compared to the ones I saw at the zoo. They were slow too. I never saw them moving fast! I bet yours will be very happy in the bowfront tank! Can't wait to see the new pic when it's all set up!

Back
Top Bottom