Female Guppy Fry Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Guppy fry were together until they were just over 2 months old now at 3 months old i think my female guppy fry is pregnant could this be true

Picture isnt very good qualty and very fast fry haha

Its very possible that she could be pregnant, the age of fertility in guppies is something I've always wondered about. I've been told many answers on how old they have to be to breed, 9 Weeks, 3 Weeks, 3 to 4 months. A definite sign of pregnancy is if she starts developing a gravid spot

View attachment 92513

All of my females were born with a gravid spot mainly because of the color fish and they actually keep the gravid for the rest if their lives but ill keep a eye on it for any stomach growth or becoming square

butterfly_koi said:
Its very possible that she could be pregnant, the age of fertility in guppies is something I've always wondered about. I've been told many answers on how old they have to be to breed, 9 Weeks, 3 Weeks, 3 to 4 months. A definite sign of pregnancy is if she starts developing a gravid spot

Pretty looking female. It's been a very long time since I've had guppies, but they do breed like rabbits. Hence why I won't keep them any more. You start with 6 and two weeks later, poof, you have 60 .lol

I have raised my fry from babies and they have been in with males their whole life and I just had a fry drop about a week ago....so from that I assume she got prego as soon as her body was able....she is four months old so I would say when she turned 3 months she was ready...

All of my females were born with a gravid spot mainly because of the color fish and they actually keep the gravid for the rest if their lives but ill keep a eye on it for any stomach growth or becoming square

My problem too, thus most of my fry gets eaten before I realise a female was/is pregnant... :(

There must be another way to know if they are pregnant??? :confused:

My guppies are all round-bellied (males and females)!! :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom