Fiddler crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would a 2.5 be big enough for a fiddler crab? I know they need access to the surface so I thought of a 2.5 that I have with a gravel beach filled about half way. Or is that too small? I was thinking of 2 or 3 crabs max

Keep calm and drum on

Would a 2.5 be big enough for a fiddler crab? I know they need access to the surface so I thought of a 2.5 that I have with a gravel beach filled about half way. Or is that too small? I was thinking of 2 or 3 crabs max

Keep calm and drum on

Fidler crabs get an inch or two we have them wild here so estimation on the size from looking at them. In general crabs are messy eaters they pull their foods apart with their claws and then eat the pieces that fit in their mouths, lots of left overs. 2.5 gallons with a beach would mean very little water to dilute their waste produced.

If your wanting an invert tank. A shrimp tank might be a better route for this tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Agreed. A 10 gallon would be way better, and you could have more crabs. A 2.5 gallon would make an awesome shrimp and nano fish tank though.

Agreed. A 10 gallon would be way better, and you could have more crabs. A 2.5 gallon would make an awesome shrimp and nano fish tank though.

Agreed. I would really only do a betta or shrimp in a 2.5

Caleb

Do a fully aquatic tank for some celestial pearl danios and Thai micro crabs!

If you get Thai crabs, good luck finding them, mine always hid, thought they were dead until the both appeared a couple of weeks ago, they had been hidden for 2 months

Sent via echolocation

If you get Thai crabs, good luck finding them, mine always hid, thought they were dead until the both appeared a couple of weeks ago, they had been hidden for 2 months

Sent via echolocation

In a 2.5 gallon tank?

Back
Top Bottom