Filter advice please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozzy1968

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, looking for some advice please from you guys, my first post. I have recently stripped down a Juwel Rio 300 litre, kept malawi but changing over to South Americans. The tank has a "Back To Nature Background" and after 4 years it needed a good clean out behind it. It was running a Fluval 405 and 205, I have hooked these two up to a smaller tank for around a week housing 10 small corys and a tiger plec. I have the oppotunity to get a good selection of fish, 6 dollars, 2 keyhole, 1 sev and around 15 mixed tetra. My question is, on refilling the tank and hooking the filters up, will that amount of fish overload the filters and cause a crash or will the filters still have good levels of bacteria to cope with the new fish? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I would say based upon the difference in bio loads between the two tanks your filter will likely get overloaded and have to restart the cycle.

Ideally you would swapped the filters over before purchasing a full stock.

Back
Top Bottom