Filter media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayhawks12279

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 emperor 400 filters on my 125 gallon freshwater tank. My question is how often to change the filter and media? I have the regular filters and zeo-carb in the media holders. I also have a fluval 404 underneath.

jayhawks12279 said:
I have 2 emperor 400 filters on my 125 gallon freshwater tank. My question is how often to change the filter and media? I have the regular filters and zeo-carb in the media holders. I also have a fluval 404 underneath.

Please don't double post. I answered this in your other post which asked the same question. It only confuses members who are trying to help.

My answer was this:

You replace them when there falling apart in your hands. In the meantime just swish them around in old tank water during water changes and just put them back.

Didn't mean to double post, I just realized I posted in a catagory I didn't mean to post in. Thanks for the advice. :)

jayhawks12279 said:
Didn't mean to double post, I just realized I posted in a catagory I didn't mean to post in. Thanks for the advice. :)

No worries jus confusing. As for your media just leave it. You can rinse lightly in old tank water also but to be honest just leave it. I have a canister and I just swish my sponges in old tank water every few months, if that. I just keep an eye on flow. If I see the flow is slowing down I'll break the canister down and clean it. When I say clean I mean carefully an with old tank water.

Back
Top Bottom