Filtration On My 65gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did bubbles only and moved them higher up seems to be better with the power head off. I then pulled off one hob and made a heck of a mess!! So now it's worse than it was before lol! I blame all of you! :p If your tanks weren't impeccable I wouldn't be striving to make mine perfect too! (Ok maybe I would) either way its back to the waiting game for this crap to clear up again lol! Who am I kidding .. You guys would laugh if you could see me I'm trying to catch all the "big chunks" with my net. I think I may have issues lol!
Well those hobs had to be cleaned sometime!!!. Convict was right about them. The particles might have been bits of that gunk breaking off in the hob. You may as well stick some polyfil in there now(if you have some), as you have one off. Have you room for a bag of Purigen in one??. You might have a trip to the lfs ahead of you!!.
I reckon your powerhead might be a bit strong for your tank. You don't really need a massive current in the water, i just have a gentle flow. Keeps everything suspended until my filter picks it up...

Last edited:
Yeah I gotta say I clean mine often but always doing one then a month later doing the other. It helps ALOT!!!

Hope all this is helping

I fought the urge to do them all tonight. Scrubbed the power head, hob and gave it a good vacuum. I stuffed floss in the one hob and next month (if I can wait that long) I'll swap out the media and give the next hob a good scrubbing. I repositioned the bubblers deep in the corners and have them roughly 3" above the substrate. Power head is remaining off for tonight. I pulled it apart too and found all kinds of gunk built up in there. What size power head would be best for a 65 gal tall?

I fought the urge to do them all tonight. Scrubbed the power head, hob and gave it a good vacuum. I stuffed floss in the one hob and next month (if I can wait that long) I'll swap out the media and give the next hob a good scrubbing. I repositioned the bubblers deep in the corners and have them roughly 3" above the substrate. Power head is remaining off for tonight. I pulled it apart too and found all kinds of gunk built up in there. What size power head would be best for a 65 gal tall?

Well Mel :D your on your way to crystal clear water. I told ya. I wouldn't let ya down. A koralia 1050 or 1400 would be fine.

Without sounding stupid, which numbers are you speaking of? I posted a pic of what I have. It says koralia 1 flow rate 1500L/H 400GPH is that too much? Or good enough?

Without sounding stupid, which numbers are you speaking of? I posted a pic of what I have. It says koralia 1 flow rate 1500L/H 400GPH is that too much? Or good enough?

That's plenty. When I say 1400 it means 1400 gallons per hour. Nothing is stupid here Mel. We're family!

Thanks Dino :)

There are some things that I have a lot of experience with (mostly old school stuff) but when it comes to all the "fancy" stuff I must admit I'm a bit of a .. What's the expression? Newb?? Lol!

Thanks Dino :)

There are some things that I have a lot of experience with (mostly old school stuff) but when it comes to all the "fancy" stuff I must admit I'm a bit of a .. What's the expression? Newb?? Lol!

Haha we were all noobs once. Your doing just fine in my book Mel (y)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom