Fin nipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is 92 litres and after 6 weeks fishless cycling has been established for approx 5 weeks with 4 black widow danio's

Today we added 3 black tuxedo platies and 4 male guppies

The guppies won't leave the platies alone even though they are smaller. At the store both fish were labelled as 'friendly community'. The guppies don't try it on with the danio's.

Any advice?

Thanks
Paul

Yes both, plenty of hiding places but the guppies just follow the platies regardless

The guppies won't leave the platies alone even though they are smaller. At the store both fish were labelled as 'friendly community'. The guppies don't try it on with the danio's.
As with any fish, YMMV. How are the water parameters?

Water is fine, I tested everthing before introducing the new fish

I just feel sorry for the platies

If the guppies are all males and the platies are females, perhaps that could be the problem. If that is the case, then I suppose the options would be to add some female guppies (which would then occupy the attention of the male guppies), or add some male platies, which theoretically might "defend their women" from the male guppies.

Of course, the problem is in either scenario, you're gonna end up with babies in your tank.

paulc said:
Water is fine, I tested everthing before introducing the new fish

I just feel sorry for the platies
i thought you said you tasted it
man im a blonde(on the inside and outside)but im a guy i shouldnt be this dumb

Back
Top Bottom