Fin rot, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacobThomson

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I had a blue Platy with fin rot about 3 weeks ago, and it died 2 days ago, I've now noticed my male guppy seems shy and hanging around in on of the corners alone when normally it's out swimming around, also there looks to be a small bit of fin rot on it's tail. What do I do?:( will he die? Does it spread to other fish?:( can I cute him? Thanks!

Not contagious. More a symptom of bad water quality. Start doing daily water changes until it gets better. Do you test your water?

Not contagious. More a symptom of bad water quality. Start doing daily water changes until it gets better. Do you test your water?

Okay that's good news! I do water changes weekly?:/ yeah I do! What can I do to cure him?

Your nitrates are 0? Are you using test strips? I would just do them until fins look better; then ease off them to maybe twice a week. I am treating my fish that I thought just had fin rot w/ prazipro. Turns out they have internal parasites! How does the fish's belly look?

Your nitrates are 0? Are you using test strips? I would just do them until fins look better; then ease off them to maybe twice a week. I am treating my fish that I thought just had fin rot w/ prazipro. Turns out they have internal parasites! How does the fish's belly look?

Ill keep up with WC's and see how things go, seem to be okay it's 11pm here, ill check tomorrow!

All of my parameters are 0! I've put the temp up to 82!

Back
Top Bottom