fin rot??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smomus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I first noticed that one of my black skirt tetra's fins looked bit (the top fin) about 2 days ago. Then today I saw the tail looked similar. So in examining my other fish I see my Molly had similar on her tail fin. Is this fin rot, or are they being nipped?

Black skirt
ForumRunner_20120424_232845.jpg

Molly
ForumRunner_20120424_232859.jpg

In separate divided 10g tank I have 2 Male betta. One is working on growing his fins back and they are coming along nicely! The other however looks kinda chopped. He isn't a crown tail betta, so this isn't natural is it?

ForumRunner_20120424_233240.jpg

The skirt and Molly look nipped at IMO. They are both nippy fish so just keep an eye on them. As for the Betta it looks ragged but not like fin rot. Fin rots more melted looking. I can't tell in the pic but if there are clear edges it means it's healing. Watch him for tail biting and if he's getting it caught on anything.

Thank you mumma! I had googled fin rot and thought the same but wanted a second opinion. Is there anything I should be doing to help with regrowth? Or is time the best medicine?

Back
Top Bottom