Fin rot?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADFlove91406

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_1510764367.094234.jpg
Is this fin rot sorry the pic is fuzzy it is really hard to take a pic of him

IMG_1510855812.504872.jpg
Yep it turns out he had fin rot [emoji20][emoji22]
I just started treating him for it I washed every single thing in his tank including the tank with hot water switched his filter cartilage with a new one and gave him some medicine that I hope will help I hope you'll be OK

Sadly, cleaning the tank in that manner will likely make the problem worse because the cycle was basically reset.

Fin rot is caused by poor water parameters which is why I asked about the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH readings. With the cycle reset it will be more important now to test the tank regularly and change water when ammonia or nitrite rise above 0.25ppm or nitrates rise above 40ppm.

What are you using to treat the fin rot?

I don't have much to treat it with right now but I used some pimafix

You have everything you need. Just do your water changes, he'll get better. As long as you keep the water clean and heat steady. And No stress. It will take time with or without meds. I'd save your money. Might take a wk to start seeing new growth.

You look like you got a smaller tank. Maybe a 3 gallon or so. I'd do small water changes ( not to big)25-30% once to twice a week. You already cleaned everything. Get some test stripes and test the water to see where the levels are at. The cycle is gonna start over. So it's gonna take w/c to keep it at good levels. And watch him to see if he ever start action different. This is what I've been doing with mine. Just had an out break of ich and fine rot. It's been a few weeks, and my Betta is starting to regrow his tail. I've also been feeding him his pebbles soaked in garlic juice. Think that's been helping alot too.

Where can I get some test strips and I have a 1.5 gallon tank with a filter (I know to small) I'm getting a 10 gallon

It's not too small. A 3 gallon would be better. But go with a 10 gallon is cheaper and you can get a divider and get another Betta to a have neighbor. ? Walmart, eBay, fish store. Them kinda places will have them. And with a filter I'd still do the small water changes. Make sure water is same temp as tank. And add alittle conditioner to it.

Back
Top Bottom