Fin Rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelaOlsenFan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 2" red cap oranda, and I think he might be starting to get fin rot. He's been very healthy, and lately is growing like crazy, but just recently I've noticed his fins are getting a little ragged.

(He lives alone in a 6 gallon tank, upgraded from a 3 gallon a couple months ago. It's filter by an Aquaclear mini filter. I do water changes every week or two.)

What can I do to make sure it doesn't get worse? Any medication recommendations? Or do fishes fin just get ragged over time? (I've had him for 7 months.)

in regardss

hello i am sorry that out of 51 people who has read your message hasnt even cared to even answer your question i hope the fish are okay but you can put in melafix walmart sells it treat for 7 days you might need to do water changes after 2 days , now i hope you didnt lose your fish because theses rude people who has read this post and didnt have the heart to reply to help you , why do they even have this forum for if people do not answer someones questions ? anyways i hope your fish is okay and i hope this helps you take care

Crushing,

I removed you from this thread. Being rude to people does not help anything. Everyone here works very hard to try and help everyone. I am sorry that this thread was overlooked. That does not give you the right to insults us and our forum.

Angela,

What are you test readings? Finrot often comes from non perfect water. A goldfish in 6 gallons is a huge bioload. You may want to start changing water every couple of days and see if you can manage at least a 29 gallon tank for your little friend.

Back
Top Bottom