final stocking if not overstocked already

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water12

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all!
I would really like to add a center piece fish and possibly up my schools just a tiny bit if possible. I know I'm close to possibly being over stocked if not already so, therefore I would appreciate opinions.
I have a 37 gallon tank, 5 months established, with an aquaclear 70 filter and I do 25-30% water changes a week. My current stock is:
3 albino Cory
2 platy
5 bloodfin
10 neons
2 Bolivian rams

I would like to add:
2 bloodfin tetras
1 dwarf gourami
and if possible 1 Cory

What do you guys think? Is it possible or should I keep things the way they are?

Thanks for the comment :) and thanks for moving the thread, I didn't realize I was in the wrong profile lol

How do you like the boodfins? They don't look like much in the pet store but I understand they are lovely when they get settled in at home

How do you like the boodfins? They don't look like much in the pet store but I understand they are lovely when they get settled in at home

I love them :) they school really tight and are constantly chasing each other around. They act like they are in their own little world virtually ignoring all their tank mates and chasing each other lol I have a black background so they really pop and their fins have really colored up so there's nice contrast between those and the rest of their bodies

I have aschool of 8 glowlights. They tend to stay in the bottom 1/3 of the tank and relate to structure. I am looking for a tetra that will occupy mid to upper mid section. I was wondering if bloodfins would fit the bill.

Mine are mainly mid tank dwellers but I do have a taller tank so about half way up its open water, if you have plants that reach the top that may influence their behavior I haven't been able to practice that theory yet

Alright I got my new additions today! And instead of the gourami I got....my first angel fish :) I know there is a future risk that he could eat my neons but I decided to take the risk and I got a baby, he's the size of a silver dollar present. Also my lfs had panda cories instock so I got 3 of those and 3 albino Cory total. I also got 3 more bloodfins so the school is now up to 8. Here's some pics of everyone settling in :)

ForumRunner_20130112_184934.jpg

ForumRunner_20130112_184953.jpg

ForumRunner_20130112_184913.jpg

ForumRunner_20130112_185016.jpg

ForumRunner_20130112_185035.jpg

You have a loooooong way to go before that little angel will get big enough to eat your neons. LOL. Very cute! :)

Hahaha yes that's what I was thinking :) I'm a Supernatural fan so I named him Castiel, he's an Angel in the series lol. One of the pandas has been cruzing the middle of the tank most if the evening, he's the biggest one of the 6, I'm pretty sure he's about full grown

Back
Top Bottom