Finally Gonna go Saltwater - 29 Gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on the tank. Just added 4 turbo snails. Don't know how well the nassarius snails are going to do in the tank. The turbos are going to town on cleaning off the rocks and the 2 red leg hermits are moving around alot. One of the hermits has already killed a nassarius for his shell. So, stocking right now is:

3 nassarius snails
4 turbo snails
2 red leg hermits
2 percula clowns
Green star polyps
pulsing xenia

Adding next weekend. A chunk of rock with a torch coral and probably a royal gramma. Sound good?

Watch those turbos, 4 is alot for a 29g tank and they knock all sorts of things over all the time. lol

Thanks Carey, i will keep an eye on them. They are doing a really good job right now with the diatoms on the rocks.

My red leg hermit seems to want to "host" my gsp. I take him out and put him on the rocks and he goes right back. He doesn't seem to do any damage. Just weird.

image-3808153346.jpg

Ya, a two week cycle will do that! Think I am close to final state right now. I would like to get a few more corals, but otherwise done I think. As of right now:

2 percula clowns
Algae blenny
royal gramma
cleaner shrimp
3 nassarius snails
3 turbo snails
2 emerald crabs
2 red leg hermits
candy cane coral
green star polyps
pulsing xenia
torch coral
small zoa colony

I have a credit at my LFS, so I think one more small fish. Looking for ideas on the last fish. Any suggestions????

Here is a video from today. All are doing well. Getting ready to add about 5 new corals on Monday.

just went through your whole thread.

Amazing build and definitely a motivation for me to get mine started right.

Tank is looking good too!

Hey man just found this! Looks great so far, and i'll be following along:)

Could i get a FTS? thanks!

New acan. Tiny but I love it. It is purple with lime green. Didn't notice the baby til I got it home!

image-786449220.jpg

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

Lol it looks good man good job. I miss that long tenticle plate coral... Its time to get another :D

Back
Top Bottom