Finally got one!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
My long search for a clown trigger finally ended last night. I went to a store I've never been to a little over an hour away and they had 6 to choose from. This guy was a little bigger than I wanted but is about the same size as my porupine so I'm hoping they'll be okay together for now, and this size was selling for over $100 at all the other stores so for $59 I couldn't loose :lol:

I was a little surprise, he was in a tank with a cleaner shrimp and didn't seem interested in tearing it apart, although he was picking at some snails so I figured he was at least doing pretty well to be interested in hunting. I was also surprised because less than 12 hours after introducing him to my tank he was eating like a pig, all my other fish wouldn't eat for a few days. Anyway, here are a few pictures.

BTW, tank is not in it's finished condition, I changed everything around quick last night to confuse the porcupine when I added the clown. And I will be putting these fish in a bigger tank in the near future :D

Especially having a D. holacanthus puffer, known for their sensitivity to picking up ich, I would not have added the fish directly to the tank. Regardless, every fish should be QT'ed for the safety of them and your current livestock.

Very pretty fish!

clown trigger one of my favorite fish i was shocked when i moved to florida and saw that they were selling them for abt $100 a pop I kind of got out of the hobby for a few years but I didnt think there was that much inflationi worked in several lfs in NY and remember a juv clown being at more $50... $25 for myself (employe discount) i wanted to get one for my tank now but i decided to venture into the reef.... as far as the clown and the puffer I dont think you will have a problem at all I always remembered the clown triggert being the most calm out of the trigger family

anyway good lookin fish good luck

HoopsGuru said:
Especially having a D. holacanthus puffer, known for their sensitivity to picking up ich, I would not have added the fish directly to the tank. Regardless, every fish should be QT'ed for the safety of them and your current livestock.

Very pretty fish!

yeah know :oops: I swore I would never buy another fish without placing it in the Q tank and was doing very good for a while but I couldn't pass up this fish. My Q tank currently has some fish in it so that wasn't an option. I guess I could have just used one of my rubbermaid garbage cans but it's just him and the puffer so I figured if I had to I would just hypo the huge tank. Not very smart thinking I know but I wanted this fish soooo bad :oops:

We all have our weak moments, hopefully things turn out without a hitch and everyone is happy!

What store did you go to?

HoopsGuru said:
What store did you go to?

It was called Shear Heaven The store was ok, not a very large SW selection. I was going to purchase a blue linkia as well but they didn't look good at all.

Are there any other store you recommend withing a couple hours of here?

I have had several clown triggers over the years, and have one now. They are usually fairly peaceful when small, but get more aggressive as they get larger. I have heard stories about them biting everything, including powerhead electrical cords, but mine have not gotten that bad.

I have had them in a tank with lionfish without a problem, but would not keep them with most other fish. My current trigger tank has a Humu-humu and a smaller clown trigger. They seem OK togerther.

I put new live rock in the trigger tank to be de-infested of mantis shrimp and such before the rock goes in the main tank.

I feed them mysis shrimp, silversides and live baby brine shrimp, but the most interesting display of their character is to watch them go after live guppies.

I was at House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie, MD (just south of Baltimore) last friday and the had quite a few of them... very cool fish. Congrats!

wrkalot said:
I was at House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie, MD (just south of Baltimore) last friday and the had quite a few of them... very cool fish. Congrats!

How is that store? I"m looking for some more nice LFS's!

I'm told it's a great place but I have no real personal experience yet.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=18615

I saw a lot of dead fish last friday which turned me off but they do have dozons of sw tanks set up. I couldn't really talk to any one as the were quite busy at the time. We'll be getting our first fish from them this Tuesday *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom