finally my first 90gallon !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musicmarn1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hurrah !!!!! :dance::dance:fish2::dance:

craigslist finally delivered, i wanted a 125 (was it only 3 months ago i was dreaming about a 55g ?!)

but just couldnt find one for under $1000 anywhere and then bam all at once on craigslist there was a complete set up for $950 but.......they also had a complete 90g set up for $250 and this one had better lights and better filter

(eheim pro 2, i think one of the basket pieces is missing i cant make it work yet so got to find parts the motor is working its just not putting anything out and one of the baskets has a black pipe the other doesn't and the top one is the flat one, lights are reef brite T5/led 7 setting)

so in order to celebrate that the discus who are growing out in my 30g (5 filters and one of those is aquaponics system), were skipping right past the 55g i had planned for them and upgrading right to a 90g (when they are huge ill have that 200g i just know it )

i got to order some amazing discus from Kennys Discus ! and i couldnt be more happy, i also got to order amazing plants from peabodys paradise, my good lord the guy spent two whole days helping me plan my scape and going over different plant options with me !!! he also chatted with me on fish tank central several times and today is putting together the order, its going to be huge, epic and im so excited !

so i think i really am the happiest person in the world, i cant sleep with excitement and i woke up this morning tingling all over, however my husband seems a little bit shocked at the amount going out all of a sudden ! :facepalm:

ill make it up to him i work 7 days a week as a dog trainer so having dogs at home means a home hobby is very appreciated.

so ill be journaling my build, im still very new to aquascaping, this year was my first year with planted tanks starting in January, and this forum saved me several times, then with discus simply discus was a godsend.

so ANY words of encouragment, suggestions, criticisms and advice are very very welcome, im learning fast but there is so much more to learn, i will be running co2 on this tank its my 5th tank here is what i have so far

lowest tech: 55g community dirtied tank, 1 T8 10k bulb it has
bala shark
2 sunset gourami
2 angels
9 red serpae tetra (if you have a planted tank a school of these is godly)
7 glow lights
2 panda cory cats
MTS (snails)

wisteria, jungle val at the back, different crypts to the sides, 2 annubias, swords, dwarf sag, java moss, java fern, cabomba, purple and green,

second 55g dirt / sand (was going to be discus tank but i got stuck because i messed up by capping the dirt with playsand, bad idea) 4 T8 65k bulbs, full window sunlight

5 baby blue ghost veils x smokey blue Angels
8 rummy nose tetra (just got these love them ! )
2 sterbai cory
2 bristlenose
MTS (snails)
1 giant piece of grape wood in the center
peat granules to help with hard water and for the rummy nose tetra and what was going to be discus.

tawain moss, dwarf onion, baby tears (regular, just trimming to eventuallly make carpet) ludwigia sp red, althernaki reineki, more plants i actually need to look up and edit here because they are not known to me at all, i was experimenting.

wanted all the plants i put in this one, i cant even say the names of half of them ! to develop roots etc before i redid the substrate but redoing it didn't happen, i am just tweaking it as i go, syphoning off the play sand a bit at a time and plant to redo i did have some gravel in there too just the play sand coated everything and formed gas pockets which blows dirt over all the plants so whilst i think it will all grow out nicely

i am going to use this tank i think to put the existing biggest discus 4" ish in here so the new discus can go in the grow out tank they are only 2.5" so should be fine for a couple of weeks. so the biggest ones will go in this 55 while i work on planting the 90g.

trying to find some beautiful driftwood for the 90 i think i need to go creek hopping because my husband is going to die if i buy one more thing this month !

Anyway cant wait to show progress on these builds, will add some more photos of the existing tanks

Nano Tank - 10g black eco complete substrate no dirt, root tabs and T8 full spectrum bulb, only one, riccia fluitans, MM, microsword, java fern, and moss, guppy grass, red bamboo, ludwigia repens, rotala indica (mine isnt pink it melted from the lfs then grew back lovely green leaves i really need to give it some clay)

30 gallon tall grow out discus tank bare bottom (if your doing young discus this really is the only way to go, i fought it for ages because i love plants, but nope they need such clean environment to grow well that its the only way to do it , i have some things floating and in pots and i have aquaponic filter system a fluval c4, sponge filter large, standard hob that came with, peat granules, rena xl3 canister filter and T5's on the aquaponics)

NEW 90g empty ! going to move cycled filters over plus the new eheim pro 2 but i cant get the basket configuration right and i need to find what it should look like none of the videos on you tube have the exact same model, mine isnt a thermo filter and i need to know what the basket set up should look like, i think its not making a tight seal and so nothing is coming out of the hoses when i turn it on (after pressing the prime button once or lots eventually)

picture

woops wanting a picture to go with this

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
**** if only I was on this website a little bit ago selling my 125 gallon with 55 gallon overflow on the cheap to make room. .. but on another note tank looks good can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Back
Top Bottom