finding a fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
soo right now im starting with a 10g. im having trouble on what to stock it with. originally i was planning to stock it with 1 clown and a firefish but ive now read in multiple places that firefish need a 30g. i would love some type of goby or blenny so what kind do you suggest?

55g- in about two months im getting a 55 gal. (once i get an a/b in math) what kind of fish do you suggest? my mom really wants a tang.. is there and yellow?blue tang that can live in a 10g? also what is a sump?another question i have is how much live rock do i need? thanks!

I don't think you'd have an issue with a firefish in a 10g. :)

Sorry to say but no tangs in a 55g, they need a 6 foot tank for most of them. There are a couple that can be ok in a 75g but not the yellow and for sure not the blue.

For the 10g tank about 15lbs of rock will do the trick. A sump goes under the main tank. here is an example and an article as well

Sumps Explained

Eshopps Refugium Filters | Filters | PetSolutions

I don't think you'd have an issue with a firefish in a 10g. :)

Sorry to say but no tangs in a 55g, they need a 6 foot tank for most of them. There are a couple that can be ok in a 75g but not the yellow and for sure not the blue.

For the 10g tank about 15lbs of rock will do the trick. A sump goes under the main tank. here is an example and an article as well

Sumps Explained

Eshopps Refugium Filters | Filters | PetSolutions
oh okay thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom