fine grain sand question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ones read a post about i believe it was called m3 quartz sand, this is for swimming pool tiles I think. anyone know what I am talking about I like to purchase some black color sand for my 75g tank

Nope, never heard of it. You can get black quartz, but I am not sure where or how fine it is. What do you mean, it is used for tiles? Sand? That does'nt make sense. Is it colored grout sand?

Tahitian moon sand is the best black sand I've found. it is $25 for a bag tho, and if you don't like little bits of rock i it, you'll need to sift it.

I found it, it is 3m color quartz sand for swimming pools, it cost around 18 bucks for a 50lb bag.

I just googled it, and I have to say it looks promising. I even found a petition being presented to 3M to push them towards selling it in pet shops as a substrate. It is basically quartz sand with a bonded coat of black ceramic on top. I wonder if it is shiny though?

it is not, I went through a big post about a year ago of this stuff and they have three different grains fine, medium and large. for crying out loud it is 18 bucks for 50lb contact them and go buy some, i am mixing with my eco-complete. if u get them to sell it at pet stores then they will raise the price cause it is not sold to contractors

I did not sign the petition for exactly that reason, but, I read that 3M is tracking the number of phone calls thay get that specifically mention aquariums. Also, if you have used it Kaz, is it glossy/shiny or matte/flat finish on that black sand?

Back
Top Bottom