Finishing off my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitchfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 26 gallon bow front and I am looking for stocking ideas to finish my tank. I already have 6 gold pristella tetras and 8 bloodfin tetras. I was thinking a dwarf gourami and/or a bristlenose pleco? What do you guys think?

I think you'd be good to add both. There's plenty of room! Any pictures?
Thats what I might do then! I can put pictures of it tomorrow, just changed the gravel from blue to brown. I think it looks pretty good.

may i ask what type of filter you run on the tank? do you have plants? driftwood? hiding places?

i think a BN pleco would be a great addition to your tank but they need driftwood and loves to suck on my plants but he does not eat them of destroy them at all.

i would suggest getting a paradise gourami instead of a dwarf... for a few reasons. #1 dwarfs generally die, they do not have a very high survival rate. #2 in your tank i think a dwarf would pick a corner and claim territory and stay there. #3 paradises stay just as small, you will have less aggression issues and they are also just as beautiful

I think you'd be good to add both. There's plenty of room! Any pictures?

I dont think saying their is plenty of room is an okay thing to say because it really depends on the tanks filtration and the OPs PWC schedule ..

in my opinion with an under rated filter and limited water changes you would be stocked after adding 1 fish.. with the limitations mentioned above.

if your filtration is adequate and you have a once a week water change of 35-55% then you would be fine with getting both fish

I have an aqueon quiet flow 30 and I currently do about 25% water changes. I have plenty of plants(fake) and good hiding places. Do BN plecos need driftwood?

I have an aqueon quiet flow 30 and I currently do about 25% water changes. I have plenty of plants(fake) and good hiding places. Do BN plecos need driftwood?

They certainly do

YES, they need drift wood. a piece that they can hid in or under ... they need it for a food source also not just for hiding/shelter

Well say I don't get the pleco, and just get the gourami. What fish would you guys recommend after that?

Back
Top Bottom