Fire shrimp and peppermint shrimp mate!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I have an innovative marine 20g Nuvo aquarium that's been set up for about 5 months. There are no fish in the tank. Only corals, hermits, snails, emerald crab and the Fire and peppermint. I noticed the other day that I have about 40-50 baby shrimp in my tank! I have never heard of two different types of shrimps spawning together. Has anyone ever experienced this before? If so what will they look like if they survive to a good size? Thank you all for any insight on this! ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

how long have the shrimp been in tank , one of them could have been carrying eggs when introduced into tank ,

My guess is its some sort of smaller shrimp or critter that came in on some rock. When lights go out in my tank I can see tons of critters crawling around that resemble smaller shrimp

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea at first I just thought they were Copepods or some other type of tiny crustaceans too. So maybe that's what they are. I will try to take a pic of them as and post it. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My guess is its some sort of smaller shrimp or critter that came in on some rock. When lights go out in my tank I can see tons of critters crawling around that resemble smaller shrimp

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

good point could be pods they can be mistaken for baby shrimp

Back
Top Bottom