First Nano SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of those corals are photosynthetic but you can feed the Duncan, candy cane, torch and wellso. They should take mysis shrimp feelings every couple of days. Duncan's grow super fast with feeding. Mine went from 2 heads to 17 in about 7 months

correct sir, ALWAYS dip, i learned the hard way, i lost alomst half of my watermelon zoa colony :nono:

Alright, I can get 8oz coral Rx here for 20$ but anybody use reef dip? It's the same price but twice the amount of dip.

For acclimating fish I've read that some people don't net their fish and just drip acclimate and then pour the water back in the tank with the fish. Is this ok? I'm guessing for longer drips it's ok cause essentially you're just pouring your own aquarium water back in since you'll remove water during the dip but for smaller dips of an hour or two should I just net them?

All of those corals are photosynthetic but you can feed the Duncan, candy cane, torch and wellso. They should take mysis shrimp feelings every couple of days. Duncan's grow super fast with feeding. Mine went from 2 heads to 17 in about 7 months

I'll definitely consider it for growth. Best way to feed is with a turkey baster right?

I use two little fishes revived coral dip and have never had a pest problem. For fish acclimation yes drip them until salinity matches, usually takes 30-60 minutes. I would try not to add any of the stores water especially for fish as it could contain copper or other nasties. Inverts and corals the water is generally ok but I still would try not to.

I use two little fishes revived coral dip and have never had a pest problem. For fish acclimation yes drip them until salinity matches, usually takes 30-60 minutes. I would try not to add any of the stores water especially for fish as it could contain copper or other nasties. Inverts and corals the water is generally ok but I still would try not to.

Ok so netting is better? I wouldn't want to put any extra stress on whatever it may be that I'm introducing nor do I want to put my tank in danger.

Are these bad? I read the bubbles in salt water is no good. How do I stop them?

On a good note, the water is getting cloudy so it's a good sign of bacterial bloom.

Attachments

• image-3603596038.jpg
    image-3603596038.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2465909165.jpg
    image-2465909165.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 67
Nah I wouldn't worry to much about them, probably just extra proteins from the cycle. Seems like you are well on your way!

Nah I wouldn't worry to much about them, probably just extra proteins from the cycle. Seems like you are well on your way!
Cool, thanks! I just picked up a ten gallon for 30$ that I have plans to use as a heavily planted FW tank but that's only gonna happen way after I have fish and corals so I might use it as an emergency QT in the meantime. It came with a pump and syphon which together would've cost me the price of the tank if I bought them brand new. So I'm gonna use them to make salt an do wc lol

Anyway, Is it absolutely necessary to quarantine all new additions? I recently found a new all SW LFS that has literally EVERYTHING and ships too! It looks reputable and I'm gonna pass by and take a look at their tanks and fish on Monday.

I would say QT everything I learned the hard way in the past. Some infections you don't see.

Inverts and all? How long about?

QT should be bare bottom with maybe a PVC pipe for hiding, heater, filter. That's all correct? Do I still need to cycle it?

Inverts and all? How long about? QT should be bare bottom with maybe a PVC pipe for hiding, heater, filter. That's all correct? Do I still need to cycle it?

No I don't do the inverts. Yes only PVC heater not a big time filter any will do yes you have cycle it you can use the water from your water change to move it along that's what I did with mine. I QT for six weeks.

No I don't do the inverts. Yes only PVC heater not a big time filter any will do yes you have cycle it you can use the water from your water change to move it along that's what I did with mine. I QT for six weeks.

Ok, so ill purchase all my inverts first then and I'll put in some filter floss in my main tank when it's cycled and use old water so the cycle won't be long or hopefully not even necessary. What do you dose while your fish are in QT?

Ok, so ill purchase all my inverts first then and I'll put in some filter floss in my main tank when it's cycled and use old water so the cycle won't be long or hopefully not even necessary. What do you dose while your fish are in QT?
Prazipro
Cupramine
Maracyn plus for sw.

Prazipro Cupramine Maracyn plus for sw.

Alright, cool. The maracyn plus is only if you see bacterial infection right? Or do you dose it anyway?

Would a 5g be sufficient for my desired stock? I'd probably QT the clowns together though. Thinking of it now I'd like to have an emergency QT on hand and I have future plans for the 10g.

Just a reminder:
Yellow watchman goby
Oce clown + black oce clown
Purple firefish

Alright, cool. The maracyn plus is only if you see bacterial infection right? Or do you dose it anyway? Would a 5g be sufficient for my desired stock? I'd probably QT the clowns together though. Thinking of it now I'd like to have an emergency QT on hand and I have future plans for the 10g. Just a reminder: Yellow watchman goby Oce clown + black oce clown Purple firefish

Maracyn only if I see problems after I finish dosing the other two. I have a 55g QT so I would say the 5g is to small so use the 10.

Maracyn only if I see problems after I finish dosing the other two. I have a 55g QT so I would say the 5g is to small so use the 10.

Really? I've heard of people use 5 gallon QT. I mean even with frequent water changes, parameter checks, it still wouldn't be ok for juvies for 2-3 weeks?

Actually come to think of it, I think I'm gonna get a HOB filter. It'll be easier to just replace filter floss than to disinfect sponges or purchase new ones. I already have a lot of filter floss on hand so I can always have a supply in my main aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom