First planted: My 75g Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome tank! Just started on my 75 gallon a few weeks ago. Very similar setup and I also invested in a peacock eel!

Zack

Thank you! These are neat eels just give them hiding places and live/frozen foods. They can bury thaelves as well.

Caleb

Now for my nemises....... Waiting and patience. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ohhhh.... Wait for it..... PP makes water yellow, too..... LMAO.

Sorry.... I had to

Don't sweat color.
The furan /kana is what you want.
Stick with recommended dose of both.
Like I said before I change water like mad(your are a champ on 80%!!) when treating.
Calculate how many doses you have with your meds and change water and redose for volume removed if the amount of meds you have allow you to and follow proper dosing..

I've been doing daily 70-80% but Furan says to wait a day and do another dose, 24 hours later (so 48 hours of no water change) then I do one.

Should I still do daily or follow instructions and wait another day?

Caleb

I've been doing daily 70-80% but Furan says to wait a day and do another dose, 24 hours later (so 48 hours of no water change) then I do one.

Should I still do daily or follow instructions and wait another day?

Caleb
Follow directions on the antibiotics as the timing is to achieve proper dosing.
Watch fish to be safe if you have issue otherwise follow the directions!(y)

Came in today to one of them acting VERY sluggish.

His colors are very dark as well. The other 3 look perfectly fine though and even showing some nice color.

Caleb

Nice tank and beautiful fish. Just finished reading this thread. Sorry to hear about your fish. Was it the one who got sick originally? I don't have any advice since I'm new to aquarium stugf but I'm pulling for you.

If he looks bloated change water and use Epsom salt.
In a bath or tank since your in hospital tank already.
It could be constipation(hoping..)
If something bacterial is setting in then it is not a good sign as secondary infections arrive while main infection is still strong usually.
I am not sure what meds but some antibiotics can help supposedly help with bloat(dropsy) so just stay on task with your meds.
As bad as it is to see secondary infections the treatment that is most successful usually is the treatment for first /original issue.
Good luck ,and keep us informed or shout out!

If he looks bloated change water and use Epsom salt.
In a bath or tank since your in hospital tank already.
It could be constipation(hoping..)
If something bacterial is setting in then it is not a good sign as secondary infections arrive while main infection is still strong usually.
I am not sure what meds but some antibiotics can help supposedly help with bloat(dropsy) so just stay on task with your meds.
As bad as it is to see secondary infections the treatment that is most successful usually is the treatment for first /original issue.
Good luck ,and keep us informed or shout out!

Thanks bandit, sadly I don't have any other spare tanks... I have like a 3G tub at best or a 5g bucket.

I'm treating primary with Furan-2 and Kanaplex.

I have an air stone I could use but no extra filters.

How long should the salt bath be?

Caleb

Nice tank and beautiful fish. Just finished reading this thread. Sorry to hear about your fish. Was it the one who got sick originally? I don't have any advice since I'm new to aquarium stugf but I'm pulling for you.

Thanks for reading! No it's not the original he's actually looking the best of all of them.

Caleb

Salt baths traditionally run no longer than 15 mins per bath,if you have an air stone pop that in with em(5g bucket is perfect)..

sit in silence...

This is from a "natural " constipation and bloat treatment page;
Epsom Salts: If the fish won’t eat, treat the water with Epsom Salts. You can also combine the two treatments if the fish seems to be worsening too quickly to wait for an outcome.
Some say you can just add the Epsom Salts to the tank and do a water change when the fish has a bowel movement. Others say it should be given in a bath. If the fish is in a quarantine tank I would leave it in the salts until they work, but not for more than 24 hours. The reason I say that is because I believe that moving the fish in and out of a bath is more stressful. You can also reduce the amount of Epsom Salts for a long term bath. If you don’t like that idea, place the fish in an Epsom Salt bath for about half an hour and then return him to his aquarium or quarantine tank. The standard recommended dosage for Epsom Salts is 1 tsp/gallon, but recommendations can vary too.

I would leave them in the hospital tank to treat.

Back
Top Bottom