First planted tank - am i doing it right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeybabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys. Here's some info on my first planted
This is my lighting: 24" 2x24W Miro-4 T5 High-Output Retrofit Kit w/ Bulbs

It's a 55 gallon tank ... I'm using seachems fluorite black sand 2" as the substrate. It's moderate to heavily planted. I have the flourish line of fertilizers and been using excel and following seachems recommended dosing suggestion. Its been about 2 weeks now and the plants seem like they are doing good. Haven't noticed any grow yet but I've been told my plants are slow growers. My lights are on 4 hours on then off then on another 4 hours... (10:15am-2:15pm then 9:15pm-1:15am and repeat) Here's a picture of what my tank looks like: http://nobodysfat.com/plant.jpg

It has a fluval 305 and ac110 as filters. I guess what I'm wondering is... Are my lights considered high light? Can I grow these plants successfully without worrying about dosing and co2? What method should I research and what should I worry about most? I have not learned to test for co2 yet. Should I increase lighting duration? Is a gap in lighting ok? Thank you all :)

Back
Top Bottom