First saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mdubster

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all! So this is going to be my first saltwater tank. I've had freshwater tanks of all sizes growing up. I'm going to put community safe fish and eventually coral. I've done a little research and I think the sump route is the way I'm leaning towards. I have a standard 55g display tank.

What I'm having trouble figuring out is do I need to drill holes in my tank? And how many?

Thank you in advance for y'all's time!

Too much work , best way to go is sell your tank and buy a new one already drilled trust me I was in your same position

lol its not too much work. u need a glass bit. and the fittings. go to youtube and watch some videos on it. its not overly complicated. u will need to do some research on it. and design your sump and pump system. buying it ready will of course be easier.

It looked pretty straight forward but, my other concern would be tank space on my 55g

any time. most members here are very helpful. if u have any questions just ask and we will do our best to answer.

Back
Top Bottom