First tank 29 or 37

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
1 apistogramma
1 gbr
1 dwarf gourami
1 angle fish
1 swordtail
2 bumblebee gobys
3 Julii Cory cats
5 phantom tetras
In the 29, that's what I'm lookin to get.
If I upgraded to a 37 gallon, could I add a killifish, and a school of cherry barbs? Thanks for input!
Also are theese good deals?
29 gallon marine land kit. $119.00
29 gallon stand. $99.00
Decor plus fish. $110.00
And also, sand or gravel?

Honestly I never buy kits anymore because I think they cost too much and the filters and lights arent what I want. I would check your local craigslist for tanks and/or stands. As for filters I prefer Aquaclear and run a 70 model on my 29 gallon tank. If you want plants that will affect what lights you will want. I use T5 HO on my 29 and 2 T8's on my 10g. Both setups work for me with my level of plants.

As far as stocking, I would take out the angelfish and corys like to live in groups of 5+.
Best Wishes!

Bumblebee Gobies are brackish water fish.

Always go as big as you can handle.

Go BIG or GO Home with tanks I find your always better off getting the biggest tank you can within reason.
And I hate kits since they always give you sub par lighting as well as filters and a few items that you never use.

Take the extra time to find a tank on craigslist or just get the tank separate. then get everything else to fit the tank, I brought a used 55G from craigslist then picked up everything that I needed from there. still wish I'd held out for a 150G tank but I had to start somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom