New Tank Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IAmMP44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,
About 6 weeks ago I got my first aquarium. A 29 gallon Aqueon Kit and after cycling the tank with TSS I added some fish. Currently I have 4 Julii Cory Catfish, 5 Black Skirt Tetras, 1 Male Guppy, and 1 Golden Panda Lyertail Molly. About a week and a half ago I got a 55 gallon kit. Put some filter media and a fake plant from my 29 gallon into it to help cycle. After a week I added 7 Red Eye Tetras to the 55. I plan on stocking the tank with 1 Angelfish, 4 different types of Rams, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, and 5 Cory Catfish. On aqadvisor it’s telling me that the Red Eye Tetras will likely nip the Angelfish. What should I do? I have gravel in the 29 and PFS in the 55. Should I move fish around? What do you all think? Will the Red Eyes nip the Angel? Also is there anything missing that I should do?

29g
IMG_2680.jpg
55g
IMG_2681.jpg
I plan on decorating the 55 more depending on the fish I get

Ive had red eyes with an angelfish in the past there was no nipping. Keep the school number up to 6 or more.

Add the fish in your 55 slowly. You don't have a large colony of BB established yet.

Okay. I have the API Master kit and ammonia is at 0-.25, nitrites are at 0 and the nitrate color is in between a yellow and an orange.

29-Gallon
It's possible the black skirt tetra will fin nip the guppy. Try getting one more tetra and five more guppies. You also do have space to add something else if you want. Maybe some ADFs, or shrimp? Invertebrates rock.

55-Gallon
They may occasionally. Try getting a pair of angels. You can also put a divider up if you want to, one for the angels and their compatible tankmates (give them 29+ gallons of the tank) and everything else on the other side. If you do divide the tank, get a quality divider. I wouldn't recommend PetSmart or any of their brands. TopFin has great products except for dividers!

Back
Top Bottom