first timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N

need_havoc

hello,
i am interested in putting a fish tank in my home bar, so i thought this might be a good place for some advice. the problem is that i want to sink it in the wall flush. and on the other side is my master closet. just consirned about moisture and smell?

Welcome!

Well, there will always be moisture. I guess what you coul do is erect some kind of fixture that will separate the tank form the rest of the closet - Think a half of a box (but something more sturdy, like wood)? Then make it so that its removable so you can work on the tank when you need to.

Post pics.... that might be helpful

this might sound stupid, but i cant figure out how to post pics. can i email them to somebody to help me?

thanks, see if this works. the tank i thought was about 40 gal. but not sure. it will go in the wall at the end of the bar.

Attachments

• picture_095__medium__171.jpg
    picture_095__medium__171.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 53
What, no dart board!!? LOL! Nice looking bar. You will have to reinforce the wall to support the weight. You could even put a picture frame around the hole to make it look like a living picture. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of room to do tank maint.

Welcome to AA! Dont forget to register. 4x4's would make a great support for the tank. Maybe you can buy one of those moisture absorbing buckets at one of your local hardware stores. They do great work on garages and there is tons of moisture there.

Back
Top Bottom