Fish breathing fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics are kind of blurry, I dont know if these will help, but its worth a shot - you can tell the poor guy has gotten skinny since hes stopped eating..the maracyin 2 has tinted the water yellow.

Breathing heavy ( still ), I had started treatment initially with a freshwater drip and prazi-pro, before doing anything else ( had thought maybe flukes?) . Then thought perhaps bacterial and tried Maracyn Plus ( treated for 3 days) , Maracyn and Maracyn 2 ( first day of treatment) Nothing seems to help. I'm probably going to try formalin if he survives.. I hate to just keep medicating, but just dont know what to make of it. I considered myself pretty well rounded in my research, too which frustrates me..

Attachments

• tang2.JPG
    tang2.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 142
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 173
I know you have done your part and I'm sure you have followed protocol for the treatments given, but as I said in my pm reply, sometimes fish succumb even when given the best care our abilities can offer without rhyme or reason. It is unfortunate to say the least. You can try a formalin bath in a bucket, but this may send its health spiraling even more dramatically; It's your call. If you do and regardless, keep up with 50% water changes daily. I take it the tang is no longer accepting live brine shrimp or nori? Have you tried garlic to help stimulate appetite? Your last option would be to force-feed, which is quite a stressful endeavor for you and the animal; however, not the first time it's ever been done either. Just some thoughts and sorry it hasn't made a turn-around yet :(

Despite my best care, spending $50+ on treatments ( I put it all out for this lil guy) he passed this afternoon :( I'm bummed, but feel a bit better knowing I did everything I could. I believe he was wild caught ( I think tangs are anyhow?) and who knows what he could have had. When I got home from work today, he wouldn't touch live brine or his nori, as when I got him he'd eat anything. I knew it was the end. Thank you for so much for your kind words and help, I really appreciate it.

Melinda, sorry for your loss. Like James said, sometimes there is nothing we can do. If you feel you did your best then you did. I lost my copperbanded yesterday and trust me, I tried everything to try and get him to eat.

Back
Top Bottom