Fish Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I bought a couple new decorations and an air stone today and after I put them in and got everything running again I noticed that my smallest and weakest tetra who I believed to have swim bladder disease was GONE!!! POOF!! DISAPPEARED!! I checked the inside of the old decoration I took out hoping he didnt get sucked into to it as it was being pulled out of the water so the only thing I can think of is that I accidentally smashed him into the gravel when I put the plant decorations in. Hopefully that is not the case. I sifted through the gravel and no sign of him. Could he have jumped out because he was so afraid? I didnt seem him on the floor anywhere. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had a fish disappear once, couldn't find it for weeks. Moved my tank, and found it in the floor.

Im hoping thats what happened because I dont want it rotting in the tank and killing the rest of my fish. The only place it could be is between the stand I have it on and the wall which I cant really see down there because its so close. Thanks for the reply

Fish eat dead fish. Sometimes when a fish dies, the others consume it before you are able to find any remains. IMO, it's likely in this case that it died and it's tankmates ate it.

I really dont think so. I have 3 tetras and 2 platys and he was there when I went to do the decoration change and was gone when I was done. In fact the first reply was correct, he hopped out of tank and I just found him between the stand and the wall, poor guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom