fish eats everything need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My congo tetras angel fish and gouramis are straight fattys. They will eat any food that i put in the tank. The problem i have is when i put in pallet food.and algea wafers for the corys and pleco they eat that too. Does anyone know.a way i can get these guys to stop. Tried hiding them in the plants and under the heater they still get to them, only thing that worked so far was this ...

ForumRunner_20130316_215915.jpg

I drop in my other fishes food first and then I do the alge wafer for my other fish that need. Seems like once the others are busy eating they don't notice me dropping in the other food in. I do have one fish who likes to steal it but other then that I've never had any issues.

i have tried that, i will draw all the fish to one side put there food in then drop the pallets and wafer but once they finish there food they steal it from them

i will give it a try, cant fish smell tho?

Yup, some have very good sense of smell (poor eyesight fish) and most food that is dried or anything like that has garlic added so it is able to be smelled easily.

Back
Top Bottom